The Poison Prevention Training Program (PPTP) is a program designed to train safety advocates to teach poison prevention to children and adults in Georgia. The goal of the PPTP is to increase the number of Georgians who have the knowledge and skills to prevent and manage unintentional poisoning.
Target Audience: SafeKids coalition members, safety advocates, nurses, pharmacists, health educators, childcare provicers, public safety professionals and anyone interested in promoting poison prevention activities in their communities.
Fees: No fees are charged for CE activities
Objectives: Upon completion of the poison prevention training program participants will be able to:
- Explain the goal of the PPTP and explain the responsibilities of the PPTP Instructor
- Recognize risk factors for poisoning
- Identify common poisons
- Explain the mission and services of the Georgia Poison Center Describe appropriate response in a poisoning emergency
- Identify target audiences for poison prevention activities
- Plan, implement and evaluate poison prevention activities
Continuing Education Credits:
This course has been approved from Bright from the Start. Approved Entitiy Code: SE-BFTS-53.
Related to ECE-2, SAC-2, ADM-2. Clock Hours: 6 / Training Level: Beginning
This course provides 8 continuing education credits for EMS and Firefighters.
For more information please email email@example.com