The Georgia Poison Center works closely with media outlets throughout the Peach State with THREE goals in mind:
- To educate the general public about the services we provide
- To raise awareness of new and emerging poisoning trends
- Reduce the incidence of poisoning in our State
- WSBTV – More than a dozen sick at Lifetime Fitness pool, fire officials say
- WSBTV – Thousands of overdoses, dozens of deaths: A warning about a commonly – prescribed drug
- CBS46 – Doctors warn against health cleanses that are leading to hospital visits
- CBS46 – Animal bites on the rise in Georgia
- WSBTV – Snake sightings increase after heavy rainfall in north Georgia
- TimesFree Press – Citing dangers to children, FDA, FTC crack down on vaping liquids
- WSBTV – Experts warn bites from venoous snakes are more dangerous this season
- NBC26 – Local health experts weigh in on dangers that come with “Tide Pod challenge”
- WSBTV – Georgia teen among those sickened in ‘Tide Pod Challenge’
Missed a story? Click here to search our News Archives.
The Georgia Poison Center wants to help keep you up to date on the latest trends/alerts. Click here for more information.